Friday, August 03, 2007
UGGXX - UGotGame eXtreme eXpo
Cosplay Contest Mechanics
1) The Cosplay contest would be an individual cosplay contest within the UGG X3m Xpo event on September 22, 2007 at the Market! Market! Activity Area. Each cosplayer will be given 20-30 seconds to go on stage and perform some signature moves of the character (Please see Criteria for Judging).
2) All characters being portrayed by all participating cosplayers should originally (meaning their first appearance) only come from the following:
- Arcade Games
- PC games
- Console Games
3) Timezone and Matahari Studios (Philippines) employees are disqualified from entering this contest.
4) Cosplayers are required to register on the event itself and be in the staging area 30 minutes before the cosplay ramp. Itinerary for cosplay activities are as follows:
2:00pm - Start of Cosplay Registration
3:30pm – End of Cosplay Registration
4:30pm – Roll Call of Cosplayers
5:00pm – Start of Cosplay Ramp
5:45pm – Estimated End of Cosplay Ramp
5) The following information will be included in the pre-registration form:
- Real Name* (first name and last name)
- Email Address/contact information*
- Characters to cosplay (please include the arcade/PC/console game where the characters being cosplayed belongs to)
*Not giving the real name or email/contact information is grounds for disqualification.
6) Cosplay contestants should be 16 years of age or older. They must be prepared to be in costume for hours.
7) Costumes must not be gory, messy or obstructive to the flow of people in the event. Real weapons and exploding, breaking or harmful props are not allowed.
8) The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
9) Cosplay prizes are as follows:
- First Prize - Php 5,000.00
- Second Prize - Php 3,000.00
- Third Prize - Php 2,000.00
10) Criteria for Judging are as follows:
• Attire (Accuracy, Craftsmanship, Creativity)- 40%
• Stage Performance (Characterization, Stage Presence, Projection)- 50%
• Audience Impact - 10%
DIGITAL ART CONTEST
- Twenty (20) Finalist slots available
- Non-game development professionals ONLY
- More than one entry may be submitted by each contestant, but only one will be accepted should the artist be nominated for a finalist slot
- Evaluation Copies to be submitted in A4 size paper a month before the main event
- Finalists will be required to bring their mounted artwork to the show; can print their entries in bigger than A4 size and will be provided a wall space to set up their artwork
- Universities/Colleges cannot select students to represent their school
- Download Official Rules here
Awards & Prizes:
- 1st Prize: Php20,000
- 2nd Prize: Php10,000
- 3rd Prize: Php5,000
- Audience Award: Php5,000