Pilya

Pilya
Read this and more at The Duck!

Webcomic Archive

Saturday, June 12, 2004

In reply to Blitzkerieg's question:

"We are now organizing the "3rd Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2004". This will be held at the SM Megatrade Hall 3 on June 27, 2004 from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. This event now encompasses not just the collectors market but the hobby market as well, including RPG games, airsoft and combat gaming, online gaming, Techdech, etc.

This single day event is expected to bring in 40 of the country's top collectible exhibitors including licensees in eminent toy brands and prominent hobby merchants. We are anticipating a crowd of at least 5000 people in this mega-event.

hope we see you there!

-TOYCON PH"

This is from Azrael's email. I'll be going there to sell my indies "Jac Strips For YOU!!!" so I hope you go there and buy them if you haven't already :) I am also selling 'quick comic caricatures' (try saying that fast!) like these:

James and his Bond Girls
PHP Slytherin Quidditch Team

All you gotta do is drop off pics of the people you want me to draw (you, your friend, etc) and maybe ref pics of costumes/themes you want me to use, along with the payment. The first was a James Bond theme, and the second gave me ref pics of the Slytherin Quidditch uniform. After you throughly enjoyed touring the whole of TOYCON you come back to my booth and pick it up :)

So I hope you got pics ready when we see each other at the TOYCON! :D

Adel, I'm wearing the pink skirt then so you can draw me uli! Wheeeee! Hehehe, nagiging trademark ko na ata yung skirt na yun! yun din suot ko kasi nung TV interview sa Breakfast at Studio 23!

QUICK CARICATURES

Whenever I sell my caricatures in events, it goes like this:

1) When someone wants me to draw a caricature, the person gives me a picture of the one I'm drawing

2) They tell me the theme they want.

3) They pay me P150 for every person to be drawn

4) Then they go on to enjoy the convention.

5) When they're ready to leave they come back to me and claim the finished drawing :)

For example, if a photo looks like this and they wished to wear that Bruce Lee suit like in Kill Bill:



The drawing could look like this:



Now I hope Gerry won't kill me for this, because actually, I did this drawing as my surprise birthday gift to him. I had this idea of drawing him as a spoof for Kill Bill because the 'villain' in Wasted was named Bill and he mentioned that he that he thought that Bruce Lee suit looked cool so... ;)

No comments: