Pilya

Pilya
Read this and more at The Duck!

Webcomic Archive

Monday, April 21, 2003

[4/11/2003 4:24:01 PM | Jac Ting Lim]
weird. these two entries are posted, but never published. i tried many times, but still nada. so here's my last resort.

[4/7/2003 5:37:05 PM | Jac Ting Lim]
I went to the 2003 comics creation seminar. it was pretty helpful. and it took me a while before i could gather up enough guts to approach David Campiti and show him my portfolio. He thought it was ok, and suggested I try out the harley quinn sample script. As well as talk to eugene about web design, since he saw my layouts for an ad agency.

i can't wait to start working on the comics, but I can't find the script either. I texted Wilson Tortosa and he soon replied, saying he'll see if he has a copy of it to forward to me, also suggesting that i email eugene. I emailed eugene hoping he could send me the script or at least send me the link to it.
[edit]

[4/3/2003 7:46:25 PM | Jac Ting Lim]
Before I forget, Riq, if your birthday is april 3, happy birthday!

I don’t know what's about yesterday, but I felt really lousy and depressed. Must be that time of the month. Or I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Or it started with not being able to return and exchange items in Saralee. I’m finding out ways to work around the red tape and their ridiculous rules. Then I went on to the tindahan facing the fact that our business is student-dependent and had to close down for the summer. And my hand still hurts too much to draw, however much I itch to just grab a pen and draw curves and lines to create wings and fly again, even if it’s just on the two-dimensional drawing surface. I put medicine on it. I hope it heals by the time the workshop comes along. And I hope I have money to spend by then. And it’s so frickin’ hot. It reminds me that the last time we went out to a swimming excursion was way back in Summer 2000, I think. I remember going to Splash Island.

Darn, the weather’s so hot!!!

Just watched Treasure Island. I enjoyed it. And I wanted so much to draw again. On Saturday, healed or not, I’m drawing! I looked at the bonus materials and saw how the movie started out with concept sketches, ending to the refined final renderings.

I’m trying to find time to study Flash between minding the store and the house and sometimes the baby(he got his first barber-haircut, by the way, so people would stop mistaking him for a baby girl. His hair had grown so long we used to put ribbons and clips on him. So ok, I guess the trip to the barber also had psychological-health reasons, heh-heh-heh!).

Mom and dad had to go to Calamba to get li’l sis’ stuff from the dorm so it fell on me (again) to hold the Tindahan Meeting. I told them about temporarily closing until school starts again, and how they could (read: should) improve for the benefit of us all. The primary employee replied with a statement that I should involve myself more in the business. I guess I wasn’t too excited with the fact that they’re wanting to depend on me the whole time I’m trying to tell them to take initiative for improvement. I mean, I’m trying to build my own artistic and architectural career and future here. And they’re expecting me to take full responsibility. I just told them I’m helping as much as I can already, but they shouldn’t depend on me and mom to improve the system.

Let’s just say the meeting ended with me feeling more depressed because of all the politicking the employees are doing. It’s like there I was trying to tell them to do their jobs, and all they wanted to do was to rant about the other employees. Geez, there was so much back-stabbing going on I wish we could find a new business and a new set of employees! Running the business was so difficult and the employees are not helping any. If the place wasn’t located at such a prime spot we would’ve closed shop long ago.
That night I checked my cel to find a message from my best friend ranting about HIS bad day and asked if I could cheer him up. I chuckled and tried to tell him that he could get online for us to have a bitchfest. I was working on the computer when I got a call from him long-distance. He said he just got home from work(at 9pm) and is yet to eat or get dressed or even rest.

“Is it that bad?”

“Um, no, I guess. Gusto ko lang may makausap,” I could hear clattering plates on his side. He’s using the noisy(buzzing) kitchen phone again. Soon he told me he had to go and eat.

It was pretty brief. But I guess it’s still something when someone calls you long-distance just because gusto nyang “may makausap”. Well, kiddo. I hope our short phone conversation helps J

PS: If any of you know where I can get myself a Final Fantasy VIII PC game, please let me know! I looked everywhere in San Pablo Mall and they only have PS versions of it! I finished playing Grandia 2 long ago and my big sis and I are asking for more games like that! Grandia 2 was the only game my big sis liked so far. I guess she liked the turn based-RPG stuff. I personally like the story. And the different backgrounds and graphics. What other games are like that?

PS2: AYT!!!! I successfully installed WARCRAFT3! Wheeeeeee!
[edit]

No comments: