Pilya

Pilya
Read this and more at The Duck!

Webcomic Archive

Saturday, October 04, 2003

"JAC STRIPS FOR YOU!" AVAILABLE NOW IN



I went to Ortigas last Thursday to meet someone. After that I went to Comic Quest to propose a consignment. When the ladies there told me I had to bring a letter first and have it approved before it can be decided whether I can sell my indies there I rushed off to look for a PC place where I can type and print out the dang letter.

Luckily I found Pacific Internet Cafe at the Cyberzone in Megamall. As soon as I had the letter printed I ran back down to basement where Comic Quest is. Thankfully the owner Mike Simbulan was there, for he is very easy to talk with. I gave him my letter and 10 copies and told him that it's ok to start selling as soon as his office approves. He told me I can call Monday to know how it turns out.

After that I looked for Comics Central Headquarters (CCHQ) along Katipunan, Diliman. My thanks to Sherry Baet, Joanah Tinio, Claire Villacorta and all my other friends who recommended the place to me. The ladies there are very supportive of indie comics. And they gave me no trouble at all. They just looked through a copy to make sure there's no mature content and agreed then & there to sell. Nice huh? :)

I looked through their Indie Shelf and picked out a P60 indie with a colored cover and another indie called Chop Suey by Claire and Paolo. I wanted to buy a lot of other indies but I didn't that much money at the moment. I'm very happy to see Carpool, Cresci Prophecies and Armor Troopers. After that I went home ;)

No comments: