Thursday, September 01, 2005
FIRST PREVIOUS NEXT HOME
And so we conclude Pilya's Pinoy Bloggers Month this August with Camy! My favorite chocolate goddess! Check out her blog to find out how you can purchase yummy brownies, cookies and other goodies :D
And when I made this strip I got curious along the way, namely about chocolate body paint. I first heard about in Fudge magazine (where Gerry Alanguilan's Humanis Rex is serialized) and found this:
Superfabulous Chocolate Body Paint
You can make this chocolate sauce a few days ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Warm it in the microwave or in a double boiler and stir thoroughly before using. Keep in mind that the microwave can create hot spots in food, so be sure to stir the sauce up well and make sure it's not searing hot before you start painting. Feel free to add some booze for flavor. We liked it with raspberry-flavored Chambord and also with bourbon.
Makes about 1/2 cup
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon (or more) booze, or to taste
1) Put sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Don't stir but wait for the mixture to come to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and watch closely until all of the sugar granules have dissolved. Remove from heat.
2) Add butter and stir with a wire whisk until incorporated.
3) Add cocoa powder, vanilla and booze; Whisk until incorporated.
4) Pour into a small crock, mug or other deep, microwave-save container.
5) Use the paint as soon as it is cooled enough to be comfortable. The hotter the sauce the easier it is to paint with but you don't want to burn your Valentine. If the sauce becomes hard, warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and test the temperature again before using.